Saturday, June 4, 2011

Instruments Feed the Soul

My sweet mom came to visit for the past few days and it has been absolutely wonderful.






She and I were talking today about music (a common subject between us) and I realized something. I haven't been practicing the piano like I used to because I use it so much at work, so there is no pleasure in practicing it at home. I'll come back to it someday and it will be a sweet reunion.






But for now, I need an outlet, an instrument that will feed my soul like the piano did for me for the past 17 years. It's my goal to learn an instrument from each of the instrumental families. There's woodwinds, strings, brass, and percussion. Well, percussion's done (did YOU know the piano was a percussion instrument). So, I think I am going to begin looking into cello lessons and knock out the string family.






Because, after all, music, and more specifically, playing instruments feeds my soul like nothing else!






No comments:

Post a Comment