Monday, March 21, 2011

Blessings

This weekend was pretty hectic.
It started off with me headed to Asheville...which wasn't so bad. And Saturday was great, filled with meetings for a future business venture with great friends and then down time with family. We even managed a walk in the moonlight, which was lots of fun.
But then, at 1:45 Sunday morning, only a few hours before I was going to drive home, I woke up nauseated and miserable. I'll spare you the gory details. Long story short, I ended up sick and in bed with a fever (even on extra strength Tylenol) and wishing I could just curl up and die. It was food poisoning.
Soooooo miserable.
My sweet husband was stuck at home and could only call or text to check on me. He was very worried and wished he could be with me. I didn't! I didn't want him to see me like that!
And throughout the whole thing, my sweet mother took care of me and got me anything I needed and sat with me the whole time. I think the last time I was this sick was five years ago with strep. I'm pretty sure my mom never planned on nursing a 26 year old back to health, but she certainly hasn't lost her touch!
Well, I'm home now and being taken care of by my husband, but the lesson learned this weekend.....don't ever think you're too old to be nursed by your mom.....she still loves you and wants to take care of you!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment