Thursday, March 10, 2011

Therapy


This has been a stressful week.

Not only was yesterday our State Districts for choir, but this week is also the end of third quarter.

What that means is that I have to have all of my grading done by 4 pm tomorrow. I had to catch all of my students up on their work who have been out over the quarter from sickness or slacked off during the quarter (did you know 3rd quarter is "slacker" quarter????). I had to teach actual lessons. Oh! And I had to miss an entire day and take the choir to districts. Needless to say, it has been a BUSY week! In fact, I have headed to school every morning around 6:30 am (this morning was 6:00 am)....yes AM!!!!! And staid at the school until 5 every day. And I'm still not done with my work! Can you believe it??!?!?!?!?!

Like I said, it's been a busy week. But, I'm not complaining. It's just part of my job and I do like to keep busy. And this only happens like this a couple times a year.



So, I have my own form of therapy: The gym and a good, hard cardio workout.


We joined the gym about a year and a half ago. And this year I have really needed it. Not only because I would like to lose weight, but it has been more therapeutic for me than anything else this year.

I've had different forms of "workout" therapy each year of teaching and I think they match the amount of work I have had to do.

Year One: Semi-stressful because it was my first year teaching, but who am I kidding? I didn't know what I was doing anyways! I walked that year (and lost about 30 pounds I might add!)

Year Two: Easy year...I had my lessons done for Bible and a small high school choir and a willing middle school choir.....I did yoga (and got to where I could balance my knees on my hands!)


(I couldn't go as high as this chick, but could do this!)

Year Three: Very easy year....went to the gym off and on, did a lot of walking with Lola, a little yoga

Year Four: My most stressful year yet with a new Bible curriculum and a growing choral program....hardcore cardio at the gym at least four times a week.

Lesson for the day: Exercise makes for good, cheap therapy with added benefits. Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment