Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sunday Thoughts

I love Sundays.


I especially love Sundays our way. I get up with the sun peaking into our bedroom (when you have to be at work at 7:30 am, waking up with the sun shining is a luxury), and take the morning slowly, usually with a cup of coffee or hot tea. We get ready for church and then enjoy some worship time. And then, we go to lunch, usually Mexican or Pizza (although, because we are saving up for our fifth year anniversary trip, we have decided to eat at home this month...not an easy resolution on Sundays!). And then we participate in the national ritual of Sunday afternoon reading and naps. Like I said, I love Sundays. They are truly our family days.

So, instead of stories of my crazy classroom and our crazy life, here's a thought for you on this rainy Sunday afternoon that will hopefully spark some food for thought. It's from A.W. Tozer's "Pursuit of God."

(I plan to open my high school choir class with this tomorrow as we prepare for our district festival on Wednesday to remember why we do what we do.)


"We are often hindered from giving up our treasures to the Lord out of fear for their safety....Our gifts and talents should also be turned over to Him. They should be recognized for what they are, God's loan to us, and should never be considered in any sense our own. We have no more right to claim credit for special abilities than for blue eyes or strong muscles. 'For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive?'" (The Pursuit of God, pg. 26)



And just for laughs, here's a picture of Lola participating in our Sunday afternoon nap (at least I think it was on a Sunday). Either way, notice how she positioned herself on me and slept....this dog is a contortionist!


No comments:

Post a Comment