Monday, March 7, 2011

I Miss My Lunch Break!


I never realized until this year how hard it was to teach choir for an hour and a 1/2 in the middle of the day.



You see, last year, and the year before, we met during third period, but we had our 35 minute lunch in the middle of class. I got VERY spoiled by this. Basically, my choir and I would meet for about 45 minutes, get lunch, and then meet for another 45 minutes. It was a very nice mental break.


But this year, we have lunch first, and then an hour and a half of singing. It is exhausting!!!!! However, I am proud of my group of singers and their hard work, especially after today.


You see, today was a special day. Today was the day before districts. State Disctricts. Basically, the most challenging competition we will compete in and probably the most intimidating. They are on Wednesday, first thing in the morning (prayers would be greatly appreciated).


Anyways, today was a special day. I came into school early, got everything ready and finally the time came for our hour and a half choir rehearsal and I was ready to go. And so were my students....for the most part. After about 15 minutes of announcements and rearranging and going over Wednesday's events, they finally started to focus.


And you know what????


WE HAD A GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


It was an awesome rehearsal despite everything we had going against us and I believe they are prepared and ready to do their very best on Wednesday. Which is all I ask of them anyways.


So, lesson today: Don't sweat the stuff outside of your control, cover the kids with lots of prayer, come in extra prepared, and remind them that all that really matters is if they do their best. If we can learn that one, then Wednesday will be great no matter what.


And here's a picture of my great group! (Couldn't get them all in there....there are 42 of them!)

Hopefully I can get a good recording of Wednesday's performance and share that with you. We shall see!!!!

1 comment: