Monday, March 14, 2011

Missions/Life Action Week

It's Missions Emphasis Week at HPCA and the church connected with the school has chosen to coincide it with a revival week with Life Action Ministries.
And I'm praying for a revival for my kids. I'm praying that they will be willing to stand up for Christ and will be overflowing with a passion for Christ!
Just last week, Jeff was sharing with me about his Christian students at his public school and their willingness to stand for Christ publicly. I know that not all of the students at my school would be willing to do the same thing. So, it is my prayer that my Christian school students will be revived and encouraged to stand up for the faith that they have claimed as their own just as these public school students have been challenged to do.


I haven't gone to any of the meetings at the church yet, but I am curious to see this group in action. One reason is that one of the leaders, a guy named Zach, came and shared with my fourth period Bible class today.
Zach is an interesting guy....I would definitely identify as a little ADD.....so, he came in and shared with the students his story and his passion for Christ. He is currently a Senior Liberty student (Wahoo!) and I was touched by his love for sharing Christ with these students.
I remember when I was a senior at Liberty (only four years ago....but it's starting to feel like ages) and was student teaching. I was so intimidated by standing up in front of high schoolers and it was what I was trained to do!
So, kudos to Zach and his willingness to stand up and tell the kids all about his love for them and for Christ. And stepping into my classroom and putting my kids at ease and letting them know that he cared about them and who they are and what they loved.
Lesson? We have to lead by example and be willing to stand up for Christ if we expect our students to stand up as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment